Using these bacterial vaginosis home remedies can help clear your symptoms and prevent recurring infections. Resource: https://getflowerpower.com/blogs/news/bacterial-vaginosis-home-remedies
1. Lactic acid gel: It is thought that lactic acid helps to restore the normal pH balance of the vagina. It also eliminates the foul odor caused by bacteria in the vaginal environment and is considered one of the best natural home remedies for BV.
2. Diluted tea tree oil: Using a diluted amount of tea tree oil on your tender vaginal tissue can help relieve bacterial vaginosis. However, you must test a small portion of the diluted oil on your skin before applying it directly to the vaginal area. If you don’t have any reaction in 24-48 hours, it should be safe to use.
Bacterial Vaginosis: What It Is and How to Identify Its Symptoms
3. Probiotic supplement: Taking probiotic supplements such as lactobacillus reuteri and other types of lactic acid-producing bacteria can be helpful in clearing a mild case of BV. Additionally, eating a diet rich in probiotic foods like yoghurt, kefir, and kimchi can help to strengthen the vaginal microbiome and keep BV at bay.
4. Apple cider vinegar: Mixing a cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water can help to restore the pH balance of the vagina. It is also believed that the acidity of apple cider vinegar can aid in reestablishing the balance of bacteria in the vagina.
5. Yoghurt: Applying yoghurt to the vaginal area can also be an effective treatment for bacterial vaginosis. This is because yoghurt contains Lactobacillus, which is the ‘hero’ bacteria of the vaginal microbiome.