Colored contact lenses are a fun and easy way to change your appearance. Whether you want to enhance your eyes on a daily basis or transform your eyes for a Halloween costume or a Comic-Con event, colored contact lenses can help you achieve your look.
The right colored contacts for your eye type and needs are critical!
* Prescription – If you are considering wearing colored contacts for the first time, it is essential to consult with an eye doctor to ensure you are a suitable candidate for these lenses.
** Nonprescription – These are contact lenses that are not prescribed by an eye doctor but are marketed as “decorative” or “cosmetic.” This type of lens is illegal to purchase without a prescription.
These contacts can be harmful to your eyes if they are not fit correctly or if they are damaged in any way. They can also cause eye infections and scratches.
How to Choose the Right Colored Contact Lenses for Your Eye Color and Skin Tone
1. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that it is illegal to purchase decorative or cosmetic contact lenses online, at beauty shops, or flea markets without a prescription.
2. These contact lenses can cause a wide range of eye conditions, including corneal damage and infection, because they are not sized to fit the individual’s eye.
3. Depending on the brand, some colored lenses can also interfere with your vision.
4. The color of the lens affects your eye’s sensitivity to light.
This is why it’s important to select a pair of colored contact lenses that are rated for high sensitivity to light.